Killer Monay

Unleash the monster within...

May 2011. I have been waiting for that summer. I bought new shoes, new goggles, even borrowed Ms. Valerio's digital camera. I'll be seeing my favorite spot on Pag-asa Beach since it has been years since I last saw it. I was a college student the last time I visited.


I really don't believe in bad omens but, two people inside the jeepney we used to travel to Bicol have birthmarks on their hiney. One would be my cousin and the other one, my son. You probably have heard about how people with balat sa pwet work like jinx to any event.  I still don't believe that stupid superstition but my journey, surprisingly,  didn't work out fine.
I love this boy's butt mark ^__^ Meet the real Mon-Mon (Monay Monster)

Going to the province wasn't as fun. Some of the people inside the jeepney show too little concern for my little baby. The vehicle was jam-packed with children, uninvited people, bags and luggage, boxes of whatever-the-hell-is-inside, and believe it or not, a drum and a big Orocan cabinet! What on earth was goin' on? Where on earth were we heading to? The jeepney literally looked like a lipat-bahay truck! 
Young's Town or Ligo?

That was not the end of it. In the house of my aunt at Camarines Norte, the digital camera of Ms. Valerio met it's doom in the hands (or probably feet) of my younger cousins, nephews and nieces. Nobody even tried to apologize for the misbehavior of those rascals. And last but never the least, the typhoon...

What would be better than to spend a summer vacation indoors? Right? To spend the long nights listening to the old folks singing their lungs out to the immortal songs of Sinatra, Presley, Rico Puno, Eva Eugenio, etc.? To be trapped in one room with a rowdy bunch of kids? To know that when I get back to Makati, I will have to pay for the broken camera I barely used? To stare at the gray skies of May? It was suicidal...

Nope! You're not in Sea World. And no, they're not manatees.
Good thing the weather changed before I committed a mass murder. The skies weren't as blue. And so were the waters but at least, I had a nice swim before I got back to my busy life as a teacher. I guess it's just a little reminder to me. Expecting too much has always frustrated me. Perhaps I should always keep in mind my favorite philosophical point-of-view: Do your BEST. Expect for the WORST. Just so I can save my skin from getting frustrated over and over again.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

Random things that my mouth can't write.

About Me

Powered By Blogger

Read by

Hello to you!

Followers