Killer Monay

Unleash the monster within...

If you're a student reading this, you probably see me often around the campus with her. I call her 'Nice (Nis) and you call her Miss Rivera. I enjoy being with this person. Why?

I think I'll enumerate how I see Eunice:

1. A BIIIIG Positive Sign 
Eunice... The name speaks for itself - good victory. There was even a time when I told her, "Know what? Whenever I see you, you're like a big walking positive sign." She is an epitome of optimism. Try being gloomy or try telling her that "it might not work" or "this is bad". She'll try to lighten up the day by her corny jokes or understate the situation. She usually defends "villains" and try to see the better part of them. Perhaps, if you say "Kill!", she'll say "Save!". Or maybe when you say "A few miles is a long way", she'll say "A few smiles go a long way." 

2. Pacman
Eunice and I, we're vulture's of the same stomach. I found this out a few years ago, one afternoon before we went to a scheduled "Ugnayan With Mayor Binay". We went to Chowking to eat out of sheer boredom. A few chats here and a few chats there and voila! We were munching on lasagna and garlic sticks in Greenwich (now the KFC beside Chowking Comembo). Just like me, the most active bones of Eunice would be her mandibles. I swear, if only it is not against nature, we would be showcasing six packs on our cheeks now, all from excessive jaw exercise. We both are bad influences to each other. We wanted to lose weight but here comes the other one missing the White Chicago Deep Dish Pizza. Sbarro here we come! 

                                                             3. A Child Trapped in an Adult's Body
Talking with Eunice won't invoke anger no matter what she says. Well, maybe for me. She has a way of talking pretty much like a kid. Picture this: She would talk to you about your flaw. She'll tell you slowly, almost like an apology, and then tells you how that flaw can be excused sometimes. You don't have to defend yourself. She'll do it for you XD. 

She also shows tantrums like a preschooler stomping her feet and moaning while complaining. She loves anime and all things cute. She giggles about dogs and would willingly wear a Disney princess costume on a graduation day.

4. A Star
In the eyes of people who do not know her personally, she's a humble, twinkling star. You see stars up there but you never really know what they are capable of up close. They may be faint, but if you look through a telescope, they are not twinkling. They are BLAZING! That's Eunice. I have never heard her brag about her academics, her talents, her achievements, and her other assets. I remember a time when we were doing our usual but extraordinarily long standby at Sbarro. I told her that she lacked assertion. She defended herself by giving me an instance when, according to her, she showed "yabang". I almost facepalmed. I sarcastically replied with a: "Really? That's your assertion?" 

She never had this big bag of wind in her. It's something that I like about her and at the same time make me feel sorry for her. She has so much in her. So much promise. So much to brag about. Oh well, I would rather she stay like that because I never really like humbugs. 

So that's her. She will never intimidate you but there will come a time when she'll just surprise you and you'll be like=================>


Those are just a few of the things I like about this unique person. With all these characteristics, what's not to like? I do not know exactly what she is to me... I don't understand why I can't seem to call her best friend. Why can't I even admit to myself that she is waaaayy past my definition of a workmate or aqcuaintance or even friend? I just don't get it. Whatever it is, I'm just glad I met another awesome person.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

Random things that my mouth can't write.

About Me

Powered By Blogger

Read by

Hello to you!

Followers